Monday, July 25, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 

 
“Love recognizes no
barriers. It jumps hurdles,
leaps fences, penetrates
walls to arrive at its
destination full of hope.”
 
~Maya Angelou 
 


Roses, to me, represent Love.
A walk in the evening rose garden last night 
just to enjoy the roses and the coolness of the air.
It was a delight.

This week is predicted to be very hot here in Oregon.
The roses and flowers in the garden will wilt;
so it was an adventure to capture the roses before they leave.
They delighted me and I smiled.

Keep cool, dear friends!

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Your roses are so pretty, Marilyn. I'm glad you got to enjoy them before the heat makes them wilt. It's going to be in the 90's most of the week, then up to 100 end of the week, and back to the 90's. Your rose garden in the evening must look so enchanting. I still want to plant a big one in my front yard. Hard to find nurseries way up here though. The second photo of the pink rose is just so lovely. : )

~Sheri

KitKat said...

That last rose made me smile. The colors are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie said...

Keep cool, my friend! We are all wilting!

Linda P said...

Your roses are so pretty. An evening walk among your rose bushes must be delightful. I hope that you are getting some cool breezes as a relief from the heat of the day. Here we're getting cooler weather and there have been rain showers.

Laura Morrigan said...

I have always loved roses!

Rosemary said...

Your Oregon roses are simply beautiful. Cool and refreshing! Love Mr. Bumblebee taking a snooze in the rose (photo in the next post)! These long summer days get too hot for me. Most of my time is spent in an air conditioned room, trying to find comfort from the heat and humidity.