Friday, July 29, 2022

Cooling in an Evening Garden


 
Our weather has been very hot here lately. I knew the roses would wilt in the heat. I had not visited Peninsula Park nearby this summer to visit the roses; so I told my "live-in gardener" that before sunset we needed to walk in the garden. His response was that was a great idea and there wouldn't be many there at that time of the evening. Little did we know, others would have the same idea. There were several photographers snapping pictures, but what touched my heart were the children and a dog or two frolicking in the fountain.
 
 
 I always thought I would have been a skater girl when I was young, if that was something then.
So it was fun for me to see this skater girl and skater boy having their pictures taken.


 
But I did say I had come for the roses.
Roses is what I photographed.

 
But I couldn't resist the fountain at sunset too.



 
Do you see him? There is a bumble bee sprawled out for a nap inside the rose. 
Did you know bees had to rest once in the while too?



 
It was a lovely, peaceful evening to just smell the roses and enjoy the mellow pleasure of others.
What do you do to stay cool on a very hot summer day?
Sending best wishes for cool breezes and delights of mid-summer time.
Happy weekend, dear friends!

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This reminds me of the rose garden back home, Marilyn. I enjoyed seeing this pretty place with the roses, and the fountain is a really nice addition to the garden. The pathway is green and groomed, so pretty, and what a delight to see that little bee resting on the rose. Great idea to go before sunset, seems like a more peaceful time to take it all in. I used to go right after the sunrise, and that was also a peaceful time.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

So much to love here, Marilyn. Beautiful roses, interesting people, a date with the gardener! Sounds good to me!

Would you believe it was cold enough last night to have a fire in the fireplace? Yes indeed! If we could only have a happy medium between your weather and ours!

DUTA said...

The picture of the sunset and the fountain is spectacular!

Rosemary said...

Looks like the perfect way to end a day! Such a beautiful display of roses, and the fountain is refreshing!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Really lovely. Too hot here to be out on a summer day so we stay inside, though temps have been below average for the past several days because of high humidity and cloud cover. I will try to walk early morning tomorrow. Have a good week.

Laura Morrigan said...

What lovely shots of the evening garden! I love that the girl is skating and in a fabulous dress!