Friday, March 3, 2023

In the Early Morning Hour

 

In the early morning hour I walk, I discover, and I feel the wind and sprinkles of rain against my face. I delight in these moments.
 
This week I found the first daffodils beginning to bravely open.

 

And snowdrops too!!!

 



A touch of white upon the ground

Icy, frosty morning light

The sun comes up

Color abounds

They light the sky

Listen closely to the morning sounds

The gurgle of water as it warms for tea

The cat’s meow as he asks to be fed

I awaken to the dawn of a new day

Colors surround me

They dance before my eyes

A song touches my heart

And I pray

 

My tea in a pretty spring teacup this morning. Sipping Yunnan Gold from Floating Leaves, a favorite all year long. In springtime I especially enjoy a fresh cup of tea and think of the farmers just beginning to pluck the tea for me. I lift my cup in celebration.

I notice what I notice in the small details of the day.

I savor and delight.

May your weekend be full of delight!

 

4 comments:

Linda P said...

Beautiful words and photo illustrations. A new day dawns. Have a lovely day Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

Did you write that poem, Marilyn? It's lovely. And so are your daffs. I have sprouts about three inches tall coming up. This morning they are covered by several inches of snow. Oh, March is cruel!

Lorrie said...

All the little things you've noticed contribute to the beauty of the day, and to a feeling of well-being and delight. As I get older, it's the little things that mean so much.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oooo, what a pretty tea cup. It's so nice that you notice the small details of the day. I appreciate our farmers very much as well. I will have a cup of tea tonight just because I enjoyed your post so much, Marilyn. ; )

~Sheri