Friday, November 14, 2008

Resolutions?


I just loved this door knob spotted in Rome. What is behind this doors?
This week I have been struck by how quickly we are moving into the holidays. It will soon be New Year's. For many years I thought I needed to make resolutions to start the new year off on the right foot. Resolutions are so difficult to keep and it feels like your mother telling you what to do. About 7 or 8 years ago I gave up resolutions and began just paying attention. In paying attention I found a word to focus on for the year. One year the word was "Grace" and another year it was "Hope". This year I hadn't really noticed a word, but in looking back I found it to be "Change". Well what would my word be for 2009? The word almost jumped out at me this week. The word for me next year is "Create". I like just having one word to focus on, it is amazing what happens and where it shows itself. I can't wait to see where "Create" takes me in 2009. Join me in a word for 2009, what would your word be? What will be behind your door for 2009? Open wide and pay attention to your heart.
Don't forget to comment for the give away mentioned on Tuesday. The winner will be announced on Monday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy creating - starting with opening the door, twisting the door knob :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photograph, Marilyn, and soothing, thought-provoking post. I will think about "my" word and let you know. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Loved this post!! Really has me thinking about what my word will be.
And I can't wait to see how CREATE manifests itself for you.

Steph said...

I LOVE the new pumpikin header!

Annie Jeffries said...

A word. A word. Oh the challenge. Well, actually, I have been thinking about a word recently and I think I MUST carry this into my new year. My word would be "anticipation".

Rosemary said...

This is a challenge! A word... hmmmmm, I like 'create' as you have chose, but for me, perhaps 'persevere'.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. That's it. My word. My word for 2009 will be COURAGE. In due time, my word choice will be explained....

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the idea of one word instead of a resolution. I think my focus for the new year will be "remember". I want to start scrapbooking again so our family can remember these sweet days.