Friday, March 19, 2021

A Green Teatime

 A Green Teatime is the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of Springtime and St. Patrick's Day!

Recently I asked a group of tea lovers what would they make for a March Green Teatime.

There were a lot of fun answers that definitely encouraged me to have a St. Patrick's Day tea theme.

So this week I served teatime with this in mind to my "live-in gardener" and myself in the green house.

There were sausage rolls with Dijon mustard, a stacked sandwich of tuna, black olive, and deviled ham with a green cream cheese frosting, Guinness whole wheat scones with raisins soaked in Guinness, green fruit salad with a peppermint tea syrup, and brownies with a layer of peppermint flavored icing.

I had planned to sip green tea, but then decided to continue my Darjeeling sipping from earlier morning. My "live-in gardener" sipped some Tulsi, which I also enjoyed helping him finish off.
It was fun to search my house for the color green. Of course my green depression glass works. Then a green teapot with my Marmalady's tea cozy made from vintage fabric. Both of the teacups are vintage too. The cup on the far side by the green chair is handleless and comes from the late 1800's. The cup closer in the picture is made in England (Colonial Pottery). I am not sure how old it is, but guessing early 1900's. I need to do more research on it.

Picking a single color to focus teatime was a fun challenge and one I plan on trying again.

Hummm? Wondering what color would be fun to feature the next time?

Anyway, it was just wonderful to be back in the green house for teatime.

I have missed it during the winter months.

Have a great weekend, dear friends!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely Green Teatime! All your green touches, complete with being in the greenhouse, certainly added to the festivity. How lucky to be able to enjoy such a special tea. Welcome Spring!

Lorrie said...

What a delightful green teatime! Your savoury and sweet treats all sound delicious. So glad that spring is here and we can look forward to warmer, sunnier days.

Laura Morrigan said...

It looks gorgeous! May I suggest purple next time?

Mary said...

You are amazing when it come to creating fantastic tea parties Marilyn! I love this green-themed afternoon served in your lovely greenhouse - such pretty china and glassware, and the food was fantastic I'm sure. Your 'live-in gardener' must have really enjoyed this one, my 'life-sized Leprechaun' wishes he could have joined in, lol!
Green cream cheese frosting for stacked sandwiches is something I would never have imagined, sausage rolls and Guinness scones, wow!

Here's to Springtime 2021 - and thinking good thoughts for the months ahead.
Enjoy your weekend dear.
Mary xx

mamasmercantile said...

It looks wonderful, love the idea of making tea around a colour.

Jeanie said...

This is so very beautiful. That pale green of the frosting is so pretty. And I really love your depression glass collection. Well done, my friend!

Linda Jennings said...

What a pretty and fun green tea time. As you know, I love your greenhouse and the atmosphere it provides for any gathering.