Monday, March 22, 2021

A Word for the Week

"There is a voice inside of you that whispers all day long,

'I feel that this is right for me,

I know that this is wrong.'

No teachers, preachers, parent, friend or wise man can decide

what's right for you -

just listen to the voice that speaks inside."

~Shel Silverstein

My son had many of Shel Silverstein's poems memorized as a child

and still when I come across one of his quotes I think "yes" once again.

Yes, VOICE is the word for this week.

Wondering what voice this hawk has that I found in my garden this week.

I think his voice was saying "feed me", but we sent him on his way.


Listen to that voice within and have a terrific week.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I think your hawk is now in my garden Marilyn, lol! Just saw it land high in an oak - then of course the jays and crows come and use their loud voices to harass it. I love all birdsong, even cawing and hooting - wonderful VOICES from beautiful creatures.
Hugs - Mary

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how I love this poem, Marilyn. Voice is a good word, and may we listen to the voices around us, whether in nature or the people we interact with every day. And as you mentioned, listening to the voice within is very important too. : )

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely poem, not one that I have come across before.

Linda P said...

There are many voices that seek to get our attention Marilyn. I try to be selective so that I'm not overwhelmed by negativity. We can listen to the still small voice within, but it's important from the earliest age to be built up by hearing encouraging words about ourselves. Sadly not everyone has that upbringing. Thank you for your thought-provoking blog posts Word for the Week.

Jeanie said...

Voice is a lovely word -- and the inner voice matters a great deal.