Monday, March 15, 2021

A Word for the Week

 

Daffodils always shine for me during my birthday month. I consider them my flower. They bring me great JOY and laughter to see them sway in the early spring breezes. Each year I can TRUST that they will be there for me once again.

Trust can be a tricky word, don't you think?

I recently listened to a live chat (yep, I have been doing that a lot this past year) and two young women were talking about that word, TRUST. They said to TRUST in what you believe. Allow yourself to TRUST your intuitions.

Shel Silverstein said:

"There is a voice inside of you 

that whispers all day long,

'I feel that this is right for me,

I know that this is wrong.'

No teachers, preachers, parent,

friend or wise man can decide

what's right for you - just

listen to the voice that

speaks inside."

 

So when you see the first blooms of springtime, think of me

and remember to trust yourself and what you have inside. 

Sending love on this early springtime day!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Again dear friend, a very Happy Birthday to you. I'm looking out the windows at my daffodils and thinking of you today! That they come back every year without too much work, but a lot of trust - I guess just like our birthdays - is so wonderful.
Have a fabulous day.
Mary X

Jeanie said...

Happy Birthday, dear Marilyn. What a wonderful birthday flower to have -- they are one of my favorites. I just wrote to someone on a comment that March is a most untrustworthy month -- glorious one day, a blizzard the next. I hope the sun is shining on your special day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, I have had this poem safely tucked away for many many years. It is one of my favorite poems of all. And it's so true. This is the third blog post that I've seen Daffodils on. They must be a Spring flower. Yours are lovely, Marilyn. It's nice they remind you of YOU! Yes, trust is a tricky word because I think we have to guard our hearts too. : )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....Happy Birthday to a special lady. ; )

Lorrie said...

Happy Birthday, dear Marilyn - daffodils are a lovely flower to celebrate with.

mamasmercantile said...

Happy Birthday, a beautiful flower that brings so much pleasure to so many.