Friday, March 12, 2021

Springtime, Am I jumping for JOY?

 

 Yesterday it was going to be a springtime day in my part of the world; so I made reservations at the Lan Su Chinese Gardens to see what springtime was showing it's lovely face. We were greeted by these lovely blooms along the sidewalk before even entering the garden. It just made me smile.

                                       There were several varieties of camellias in bloom.

The dark red of the Japanese quince just sang to my heart.

The tree peonies are just about to bloom.

More camellias!!!

New Leaves on a Willow

Where yesterday were bare gold stems,
March's windy stratagems
Have today miraculously
Wrought new leaves on a willow tree.

New leaves so mistily winged and small
They seem to spray from a waterfall;
Water cascading headlong to stop
Midway down on its breathless drop.

New leaves so sudden-green they scorch
The somber sky with a fiery torch;
New willow leaves...new dreams again;
New high resolves in the hearts of men.

Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller

Then home to view my own garden and spring time. The daffodils have taken over my garden, they are so beautiful!

 

The roses are showing life, awakening!

 In front of the house, can you see all the yellow?

 A close up of the first camellias spied in my garden. Soon there will be many of them.

Do you love springtime as much as I do?
I almost feel giddy seeing new growth and color!
And the greens of springtime are always the best!

Speaking of greens, we even have peas now growing in the veggie garden.

I know, I know! Spring isn't officially announced, but once I see the new life
my heart is renewed.
Now with the vaccinations well under way, again I feel hope and renewal!

Have a terrific weekend, dear friends!
And yes, I am jumping for JOY!

5 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I am going online right away to seeing if I can make a reservation for tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Jeanie said...

You are SO far ahead of us -- it's really inspiring and reminds me that it can't be too much further away (even though I know that we can get a big snow or ice dump in fickle March!)

Mary said...

First photo is soooo pretty Marilyn - wish I could have strolled through Lan Su again with you! Were you able to have tea there, or is the sweet little cafe closed at present?
You certainly have some beautiful flowers in your garden already - and so many daffodils! Peas seem early - they will be enjoyed later I'm sure.

Take care 'jumping for JOY' - and yes, being vaccinated does give one a sense of being much safer.
Enjoy your weekend - Mary x

Red Rose Alley said...

What pretty flowers you saw along the sidewalk on the way to the Chinese restaurant. I really miss Chinese food. Wow, there are so many Daffodils in your garden. They look beautiful. I will always remember my dear friend, Mia, who passed away. Her birthday was the first day of Spring. : )

~Sheri

Laura Morrigan said...

Magical pictures!