Monday, March 8, 2021

March 8th International Women's Day

These words are for this week.

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!

 "Here's to strong women. 

May we know them.

May we be them.

May we raise them."

~Anonymous (found in Tea Time Magazine) 

Purple is the color that represents justice and dignity,

it is recognized as the international symbol for women.


"Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."       

    ~Judy Garland  (thanks Steph for this quote) 

 

A few days ago online I listened to a live chat honoring International Women's Month. What came from that conversation was:

Feminine is internal side of "yin" to the male "yang"

When there are more women involved in politics a country is less likely to go to war.

Kindness is the center of humanity.

Sharing our stories and love we become who we are in the fullest.

The final words were that the world needs more softness, more of the feminine side, less aggression, more kindness.

Part of my story. This picture was taken when I was about 10 years old at my uncles apple ranch. There was also my younger sister and three cousins that I had never met before. I am sorting old pictures right now and just loved this remembrance.

Celebrate who you are and definitely share your kindness and softness! 

Here I am with a cup of tea in hand, meditating on life.
This is not in my home, but a chocolate shop that has now closed here in Portland.

Have a good day, dear friends!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful collection of quotes and photos, too. I'm sorry the chocolate shop closed. I'm sorting photos these days, too. Sending some to the subjects in them, scanning/photographing others, tossing a lot. It's a big job! Good luck!

Mary said...

Great photos Marilyn - I had a similar plaid dress at that age made by my mother! Love the one of you on the velvet sofa with the fabulous floral wall mural in the background.
"Kindness is the center of humanity" is so true - just wish there were more people practicing this.
Mary x

Red Rose Alley said...

You know, the strong women quote is one of my favorites, Marilyn. I remember it early on in blogging. I didn't know Purple represents justice. It's such a beautiful color. The old photo of you and your sister is a treasure. Going through old family photos must be interesting for you. I love that picture of you on the red couch. That chocolate shop looks charming. Too bad it's closed now.

Here's my wonderful friend as we celebrate International Women's Day. : )

~Sheri

Laura Morrigan said...

I love violets! I have them tattooed on me!