Monday, February 7, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and a Poem

Three small bouquets graced my tea tray this morning.
Starting on the left is a small branch from my daphne bush and a hellebore bloom.
In the middle is a soft pink primrose, which will be planted in the garden at the end of the month.
And on the right is a hyacinths bulb beginning to bloom. I found it at Trader Joe's in the vase for $2.49 and couldn't resist this small treat of a flower blooming on my tea tray.
The tea this morning is Shui Jin Gui from Wuyi Origins in China. A very nice black tea perfect for my tea tray. It is like a flower in my cup.

"Some moment happens in your life

that you say ‘yes’ right up to the roots of your hair,

that makes it worth having been born

just to have happen…

laughing with somebody

till the tears run down your cheeks…

waking up to the first snow…

being in bed with somebody you love...

Whether you thank God for such a moment

or thank your lucky stars,

it is a moment that is trying to open up your whole life.

If you turn your back on such a moment

and hurry along to business as usual,

it may lose you the ball game.

If you throw your arms around such a moment

and hug it like crazy,

it may save your soul."

  Frederick Buechner


Toss your arms around each moment and savor each day.

Sending love and a flower.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That is such an interesting poem, Marilyn. I have enjoyed your "flower and a poem" posts very much. And what a cozy and comfy bed that is, and to have tea on your tray with flowers is even better. Of course, you know I loved the pink primrose, and I hope it does well when you plant it in your garden this month. I like your white iron bed also. It looks very vintage.

Have a nice February week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

I very much enjoy Frederick Buechner's writings and this is a poem that is new to me. Your tray with the pretty flowers is such a sweet idea.

Jeanie said...

I bought a tulip bulb garden at TJs this weekend and love seeing the flowers. This is so lovely, Marilyn. Very pretty on your bed! (If I had tea in bed it would end up being tea IN the bed!)

Mary said...

Yes, I've not tried a cup of tea in bed either - and yet I've known gals who do all kinds of crazy things in bed (not including the obvious!), but their jobs with paperwork, books, laptops, meals, writing letters, ordering stuff etc. I like to read before turning out the light, then in the morning I'm up and out of bed and heading to the kitchen for my coffee. I just bought a milk frother and have been having Cappucinos now and then - hey anthing European to brighten up the cold mornings!
Hugs - happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.
P.S. Marilyn, If you haven't, be sure to go look at Lorrie's cousin in Wales (via L's blog) who sells beautiful china tea sets, teapots etc. - right up your alley dear!