Monday, February 14, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and a Poem

 

 

Apple blossoms from another year, just beginning to open.

The blush of new blossoms touch my heart and make me smile.

 

This poem was found just this morning on Facebook. It was posted by a high school friend that went on to become a published poet. Sometimes her poems and the ones she posts I don't quite get. This one intrigued me that we learn the language of sleep with our hearts half-opened flowers. 

Happy Valentine's Day, dear friends!

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful poem. And a perfect one for this special day.

Happy Valentine's Day, Marilyn. Have a sweet day filled with love.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Soon the apple trees will be blossoming again - such beautiful things! I love the way poems can take something ordinary and make one think of it in a different way.

Jeanie said...

We'll soon have apple blossoms again. Not soon enough!

Laura Morrigan said...

I love apple blossom! A very wise poem!