Friday, February 11, 2022

Over the River and Through the Woods

When my "live-in gardener and I left home a few days ago the sky looked like it had fallen to the ground with a curtain of fog; but we decided to go to the beach anyway. It is about an hour and a half drive through the trees. For some reason the fog just made the adventure more intriguing and beautiful. I was in love with the way it danced among the trees and over the water.


Even on a clear day this swap intrigues me. There are usually many birds to see, including herons. We were not disappointed, though you won't spot any in my pictures. These were quick snaps as we traveled past.

The silhouettes of the bare trees made for a stark, dramatic sight.


We finally arrived! I adore the beach any time of year, but there is something just magical in a winter beach. Is it the wildness? I think so! I do love just a touch of the wild in my life and I get that from a winter beach.


 

We stopped here for a driving break and there was a touch of color in the upturned boats.

And as there is no Adirondack chair that passes me without a photo shoot, more color was added to the day.

And speaking of wild, just at the edge of town where we stopped for a bite to eat was a small herd of elk.

I did say no Adirondack chair passes me by without a snap of my camera, here are some more chairs waiting for a sunny day to sit and watch the waves roll in.

Some chairs resting and waiting for travelers to come again.

With a lunch of fish and chips in our tummy's we were ready to come home again through the foggy trees.


 Oh!!!! I love a foggy, wintery day at the beach.

The drive delighted me just as much as the destination.

Do you love a foggy day?

Happy weekend, dear friends!

Go out and find the wild.

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a great adventure. I love the beach at any time of year and the seascapes are a delight to my heart. The fog made for a very eerie post yet still beautiful.

Debby said...

I thought I recognized that beach in Oregon. I'm down in Shasta County/Northern California. I love the Oregon coastline. Breathtakingly beautiful.

I grew up south of San Francisco in a little town called Pacifica. I know those foggy days and they make for some haunting photos.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I love a foggy day. They are so pretty, but I don't like driving in them. So brave of you to make the trip, Marilyn, and your destination was beautiful. The herd of elk was a wonderful sight. And those red chairs are delightful. I appreciate how you love a touch of the wild in your life. Me too.

Have a pleasant weekend, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

I believe that we've also had foggy mornings lately and snow up on high ground in our area. Your drive to the beach and seeing elk along the way sounds like a lovely change of scene. The fog makes everything look mysterious. All the best for the weekend.

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous day out, Marilyn. I know what you mean about a foggy day. They are so atmospheric and can be quite as fun as a sunny day!