Friday, February 18, 2022

The Love of my Life

 I hope you will indulge me today. I don't share my love most often because his family prefers that. However, since my family doesn't read my blog I think I can get away with it for a little post.

Here are some pictures over the past 9 years of my sweet and one and only grandson, D.

We call him D on social media, but he does have a name that goes with that letter.  He calls me Mimi.

He once wore pink butterfly wings for a tea party I had in my backyard. Pink wings and a cowboy hat were perfect for the day.




I cherish my D and think often about what do I want to share with him as he grows up. What lessons can he learn from me. Though I have served him tea, made pie with him, make a gingerbread house every year, and take walks outdoors - what do I want him to know. I have been making a list.



1.       Choose Kindness and Love over Fear and Hatred.

2.       When there is a special someone in your life share beauty with them, including a good cup of tea and flowers. They will love it even if normally it is a rough and tumble life. It’s OK to add beauty in your own life too.

3.       Notice what you notice – pay attention, embrace and be mindful.

4.       Acknowledge how you really feel and just respond accordingly. If you really aren’t feeling OK, it is OK to say so. You don’t need to always say “I’m fine” or “I’m good”.

State you feelings clearly to those you love.

5.       Laugh out loud, Sing so I can hear you, Dance with your full heart.

6. Love and Kindness will always win the day.




I cherish his tender heart.

I love that he has learned to swim and ride his bike.

He has an adventurous heart, one I enjoy.

He is indeed the love of my life. I had given up the expectation of having a grandchild and when he came along it delighted my heart and tears filled my eyes.
I love being Mimi to this guy!
Do you have a love of your life that delights your heart?
Happy weekend, dear friends!
Go out and savor the time with your love.


8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love this post! I remember when you first introduced him to us and now he's grown so much. It's clear he's the love of your life. What I especially loved about this, apart from the photos, are the wonderful lessons you've taught him. Wonderful in every way!

Deanna said...

Precious child!

KitKat said...

Thank you for reminding me what a privilege and joy it is to be a grandmother. You're a Mimi, I'm a Gaga.

Lorrie said...

What a sweet post. Yes, we love our grandchildren so very much. I love that you've thought about the things you want him to learn. I am thinking about the legacy I want to leave with mine, too, God willing. Enjoy each moment with your cherished grandson!

mamasmercantile said...

Such an uplifting post, like you we do so love our grandchildren and cherish every moment we have with them.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, these pictures of your grandson are precious, Marilyn. And that long hair! - my son went for a time with long hair, and I loved it. My grandgirls are my loves, and I do cherish the time when I see them, which will hopefully be soon for a fundraiser coming up. I just loved each and every one of these photos, especially the one of him biting into the gingerbread house. And that first one when he was a little guy melts my heart. Baking a pie with him sounds so special, and your list of teaching him things is wonderful. So much goodness in this post today, Marilyn, and children seem to bring so much light and love to our lives.

~Sheri

*LOVE AND KINDNESS WILL ALWAYS WIN THE DAY. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL.

Mary said...

Yes, I have a special 'grand love' and I'm sure you know who that is!!! I too don't share my family often on the blog, so much of it is complicated, and they don't want to be spotlighted!
D is a treasure and I'm so glad he came along to make you and J such happy grandparents.
Spring days ahead - I know you'll be out and about with that special boy - who's growing so fast.

Vikas Gupta said...

I am happy for sharing on this blog its awesome blog I really impressed. thanks for sharing. Great efforts.