Saturday, April 9, 2022

A Dress and Some Words

 I love nature in many forms,

but I also have a love of fabric in different forms.

Recently I visited my favorite antique mall.

I was drawn to notice fashion and words.

This first dress reminded me of something my mother would have loved wearing to tea. It was a peachy pink, her favorite color to wear. Do certain things remind you of your mother?

The details of this dress in the back waist just made me smile. The wearer wouldn't even be able to see it, yet she decorated herself for others.

My grandmother would have worn something like this as a young girl. Could you imagine wearing this to a concert?

We are indeed warriors, champions, fighters, and queens. Don't let anyone tell you differently.


Now this is my era. Crinoline's just made a young girl want to twirl and dance. All the better to have ruffles on the chest and a hat to dip just in a flirty way. If you look closely you might see me in the mirror.

So look again if you missed me sitting in the corner of your eye. I am the one smiling to myself in the mirror, the one with the camera capturing a moment in time.

Yes, sometimes it does seem dark and then the light comes out to shine on us. When you snap a picture do you notice the differences of the darkness and light?

Notice the light, smile, dance, dip your hat just so, and laugh out loud.

The visit to the antique mall always helps me when I am down and when I need a smile.

The surprises found there remind me of who I am and set me back on track with a laugh that gurgles up from somewhere below and comes out in a chuckle. The chuckle says to me remember who you are and be happy, you are special.

Sending love this weekend. Make it a good one.

4 comments:

KitKat said...

Great posting, thank you! Yes, certain things do remind me of my mother and I'm so grateful for those remembrances. Loved the poem about the queen. Blessings!

Laura Morrigan said...

What a lovely shop! I like all the carefully curated items and the quotes to go with them!

Jeanie said...

What beautiful images and details in your photos. I love that they tend to the back as well as the front of the gowns and the intricate work here. This looks like such a lovely shop.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, this antique mall is so charming, and I can see why you love it and it makes you smile. I can see myself browsing in there for a long time just looking around. These dresses are delightful, aren't they? And I absolutely LOVE the Rumi quote. I just love that whole picture and quote. Would love that on the walls of my house. Thank you for your beautiful words at the end, Marilyn. You are, indeed, special too.

~Sheri