Monday, April 25, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 


No April Words

There are no words for saying

How wistful is the push

Of April through the budding

Of a lilac bush.

There are no notes for making

A little elfin air

Of new leaves on a willow;

No phrase to compare.

With tapering blue hyacinths;

The first white butterfly;

With plum trees misted sudden

Silver on the sky.....

One may only listen--

Hand at throat-to rapture

More lyrically lovely

Than any song may capture.

~Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller


And April comes soon to an end with flowers once again blooming in the garden.

Rain clouds still sit in the sky to water them.

But soon the sun will shine and I will be happy.

I have been pushing a bit and some days I dance in the sun.

Socks on my toes will soon go in the drawer.

And I will savor warm toes.

 

Enjoy Springtime this week, even if it is in your soul and heart.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, I love your words at the end to enjoy Springtime, even if it is in your soul and heart, as it hasn't fully arrived here yet. I see snippets here and there, sunny one day and then rain and snow the next. But I'm waiting patiently. Spring is just like any season - I will enjoy it when it gets here.

Have a pleasant week, Marilyn. And that photo of the lilac bush is just so pretty.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

The lilacs outside my window are tightly closed, but there are just a few on the very top that are opening to the sun's warmth. Like you, I can hardly wait to go barefoot in the house!

Jeanie said...

Lilacs and muscari -- two of my very favorites. I'm still needing the warm-toe protectors here. We were 80s over the weekend and in the 20s this week at night. It's getting old. I suspect we'll have three days of spring, then 90. The only question is when!

Laura Morrigan said...

I really need to see if I can get a lilac where I live!