Monday, April 4, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 





 Haiku for you

Blossoms of Springtime

Flutter softly to the ground

Rain and Snow be gone

~m.miller

 

 

From my cherry tree this morning. Dreaming of dark red cherries, if only those pesky squirrels would leave some for me.

 

Just yesterday I spotted a little bird in my plum tree. As I knocked on the window to say hello, he looked at me with his greedy little beak full of blossoms. It was rather hilarious to see and I wished to have my camera close at hand, but it was for the moment before he flew away with my blossoms still firmly in his mouth.

Ahhhhh! Springtime!

5 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a fun bird sighting!

Jeanie said...

Your haiku is exquisite and so are those beautiful trees. I would have loved to see your blossom-eating bird!

Lorrie said...

Thank for the haiku - yes to rain and snow be gone! Today has been wild wet and windy here, but the brightness gives a hint of spring. What a cheeky little bird!

Mary said...

Fruit tree blossoms are so beautiful - just a shame they don't last longer. Our trees are gorgeous throughout the neighborhood right now - despite heavy pollen - but heavy rains coming all night which will of course wash away petals as well as pollen! Can't win in the garden sometimes can we?
Lovely poem - Haiku is so special.
Hugs, Mary

Laura Morrigan said...

I love blossoms!