Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Year of the Wreath

 

 

In my home this seems to be the year of the wreath. What's not to love in a wreath at Christmas?

This first wreath was made on Monday for the gardenhouse from the rim of an old placemat and then I wired on some fresh greens and a bow. It just makes the gardenhouse festive for the season.

Last Friday I ventured to a friend's home in the country to make wreaths. I love that this is a new annual event and a new friend. We are never to old to add a new event and/or friend.

 There were four of us making wreaths in her plastic covered living room.

Here is my finished product hanging over my little village on the mantle.

And then there were three! On Saturday the realtor that sold us our home 20 years ago hosted an event at a local tree farm for all her past and present clients. She usually gives a tree, but since we didn't need a tree, we were given a wreath. Her event every year is so festive with something hot to drink, soup, popcorn, cookies and more treats. Plus this year she had a photographer there taking pictures. OK, I might include the picture taken.




This picture strip is on my refrigerator door now. It just makes me smile.
It is me, Jill (daughter), Jim (live-in gardener), and D (grandson).

And now that wreath hangs on the front of my home. Humm? Maybe it needs a bow?

Then the final wreath is fake, but I love it just the same. It is the centerpiece for my dining table. Thankfully it won't dry out and leave needles everywhere. I do love a wreath on the table.

Sending wreath joy to you this Christmas season.
Have a most terrific, fun filled weekend, dear friends!
 
Sending Love,
Marilyn

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love wreaths and I love all of these. How lucky to have the one from the tree farm, too -- that's a lovely tradition for your realtor. And I love the family photos! The placemat you made is really lovely -- I never would have thought of that -- so creative and really, just perfect! I'm glad you didn't ask us to choose a favorite -- with all these photos, that would be a tough call!

Lorrie said...

What a great collection of wreaths, Marilyn, and they all have meaning for you. That's just the best part! Fun family photos, too.