Monday, April 10, 2023

Word Magic

The word for this week is Friend.

          Recently I have been going through old papers tucked here and there in my office/studio. I found that I had written this down in an old journal; so old I am not sure if it originally came from me or someone else. 

 Friend

A friend is one who listens,

hears the tremor in your voice,

the sadness in your heart and

the joy in your eyes.

A friend is one who calls just because

and says "I was thinking about you today".

 

The above picture is me with my friend, Annette.

She is a dear friend of almost 25 years.

Not the greatest picture of my friend, Annette, and Desmond and his dad; but they sat with other special, dear ones around my tea table just yesterday. We celebrate the good times as well as the difficult days with dear friends. This was a good day and much conversation and tea was imbibed.

Here is my friend, Stephanie. We met through blogging and tea. I have met many dear friends through my love of tea. The past year I have invited many tea friends to the garden house so we could enjoy friendship and tea together.

Below is my friend, Ann. We meet for tea whenever I happen to be traveling in her part of the world. Friends make the effort to share time together whether over a cup of tea or something more elaborate.

Here is my grandson on the left and his arm around a friend/cousin.

Even cousins or a family member can be a dear friend.


This is my favorite cousin. She is a dear friend to me.

I look forward to visiting her soon.

I had hoped to find a picture of Judy, but could not find one in my files.

My oldest friend is Judy. Judy's mom was leaving the hospital after having given birth to Judy and her twin brother when my mom was entering the hospital to give birth to me. About two years later we became neighbors and playmates. Even though I have not seen Judy in many years I still treasure her friendship with occasional notes and greetings and prayers. 

My best friends from high school.

I treasure these dear friends and many others, including you.

Embrace them, for they are a treasure.


 

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

How I love this post, Marilyn. And seeing the smiling photo of people dear to you. I know what you mean about friends -- you can't beat them. I just (after a LONG search) found one of my grade school friends, with whom I lost touch when we moved when I was 11. We're in touch again and it's such a joy! Oh, these photos -- they say it all!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, this is a wonderful word, and so fitting as I just saw my two best friends last weekend. Your poem is beautiful, Marilyn. And I wish I knew who it was written by, as I would use it on my next post about traveling to see my friends. Love the picture of your grandson. It's such a precious picture of a boy's friendship. The photo of your best friend's from high school is a treasure. I smiled at that one, and I'm wondering which one is You?

Friends are important to have, and it's hard to come across faithful ones that not only celebrate the joys in your life, but also the pains and sorrows. That's a true friend.

~Sheri

Lorrie said...

Friends are such treasures in life, and this post highlighted your wonderful friendships over the years. I'm so grateful for the friends in my life.

Mary said...

Friends who are true blue and always there for you, even when far away, are so special........often more precious than gold!