Monday, April 24, 2023

Word Magic

 This week's word is Adventure.

Adventure is a favorite word of mine. I do love an adventure. Personally I am just not happy when I don't have an adventure planned for the future.

 This first picture is an adventure I take once or twice a year to visit my favorite historic apple orchard on an island not to far from where I live. Most often I take tea and sit right here.

The definition of Adventure is "an undertaking usually involving danger and unknown risks. a book recounting his many bold adventures. : the encountering of risks. the spirit of adventure. : an exciting or remarkable experience." Merriam-Webster

                   There is always a couple adventures to the sea each year.


 

                                Or just a drive down a country road to new horizons.
 

I guess I never thought about an adventure having to be "involving danger and unknown risks". For me is just going somewhere out of the ordinary in my day. Sometimes it is an adventure just to go to a new part of town, a new market or flower shop; but sometimes it is white water rafting with my grandson or zip-lining in the rain forests of Thailand. I absolutely love it all.

                     A found old barn deteriorating in the country side delights my adventure.


 

                                   Visiting foreign locations sings to my heart.


As a girl I was often seeking adventures on my bicycle to new parts of town or swinging from branches in a tall tree. I was a bit of a daring young girl. My mother just looked the other way, which she often did. 

Wednesday I am hopping a plane for California for a few days, then home for a day, and then on another adventure north to the Canadian border. I will be sitting right here under that umbrella for awhile. There will be several adventures and taking a two week break here. I will share when I return.

                                        There may be a new trail to explore.



 

              No rafting is planned, but had to put a picture in of a little "danger and risk".

In the meantime, enjoy some adventuring for yourself. Discover something new.

Hugs to you all!  marilyn

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I don't do danger or risk so my adventures are more like yours -- something out of the ordinary. I wish you much pleasure and joy on your upcoming adventures!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, an adventure can be driving to the city and finding wonderful shops and buying a little something for ourselves! I chuckled when you talked about riding your bicycle and exploring when you were a young girl. I did the same, and was always outside having fun with the neighborhood kids. Your photo at the apple orchard is so charming. What a sweet table you set on the rustic picnic table. Have a wonderful trip, Marilyn. You will be visiting my state for a few days! I hope you have some pleasant adventures during your visit. Be safe, and have fun!

~Sheri

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip. I'm sure it was an adventure! Love your photos.