Monday, May 8, 2023

Word Magic

 The word today is Stillness

The inbetween moments where we take a breathe, pause and rest.

Definition found on the internet: "Stillness is a calm, quiet, motionless state. As you look out at the lake, the stillness of the water is a sign that you should take out the canoe rather than the sailboat. When there's stillness, you can hear very few sounds and see very little movement."

At sunset while on my adventure, there was a moment to pause.





I find stillness in the early morning hours, the times I walk in the garden, a walk by the sea and the moments sitting with a warm cup of tea.

 

 

My celebration cup of tea for the coronation. The teacup was purchased a few years ago at Kensington Palace. Isn't it royal? The perfect way to celebrate in the early morning hour.

 

 

And just this morning a little bird came to visit in the stillness of a walk in the garden.

May you find those moments of stillness as you travel through the week.


3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Love that photo of the chairs looking out at sunset. Sigh. And your cup. I watched the coronation from a hotel room in Cleveland drinking Coke Zero. I think yours was more elegant!

Linda P said...

I watch the garden birds through the window. That way I enjoy their activity and don't frighten them away. Stillness can be an asset at times. Some beautiful images to accompany your post Marilyn.

Sandi Magle said...

Very nice reminder to stop and look...no stop and see what a beautiful world we have around us and just breathe!!!