Friday, June 9, 2023

Adventure to Eugene

 

My cousin lives along the McKenzie River, east of Eugene. Because I recently ventured to Eugene for their first tea festival, I looked forward to spending some time visiting my cousin. I am always up for a little adventure and this one became enchanting upon arrival. Pulling into my cousins drive and parking the car we noticed a few butterflies. Stepping into the garden we were surrounded by hundreds of swallowtails. I had never seen so many butterflies all congregated together. I was totally delighted.

I love butterflies! Even when I make a pie I carve a butterfly in the top crust. My "live-in gardener" and I purposely plant milk weed in our garden in the hopes of attracting butterflies. Yet they rarely make an appearance in our garden. So seeing hundreds of them surrounding me just made my day. Of course the visit with my cousin was a delight, but the butterflies made it extra special.



 
 
The butterflies seemed to be sipping minerals from the ground. 
They were definitely migrating through the area and I was delighted.

 

And then the reason for the adventure, which is a 2 hour drive from Portland was tea.

You know any opportunity to sip tea with friends and make new tea friends is a good day for me. My WuWo Tea Ceremony group did a demonstration where we gathered a few others to join us for tea time. The little table below was my tea set up for enjoying a few moments sipping tea in silence. A perfect way to meditate and enjoy a perfect finish to the day.


Some days are made more special by surprises we didn't expect or by spending time with dear friends.

Be open to the unexpected and notice the delight in it.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

It looks like a wonderful adventures, Marilyn. I love butterflies too -- and between the butterflies, the visit and the tea festival, you had to be in seventh heaven! Big smiles!

Rosemary said...

What a joyful surprise to see so many butterflies! How lovely. We were recently in a Butterfly Conservatory, and that was delightful. They are so beautiful in their graceful silence.

And your WuWo tray is beautiful. Serene.