Monday, June 26, 2023

Word Magic

 The word this week is: Celebration

definition: the action of marking one's pleasure at an important event or occasion by engaging in enjoyable, typically social, activity.

 

 

Do you call your friends and say "come celebrate with me"?

There was a young man standing in line in front of me waiting to check out. He was holding chocolates and flowers. I asked him what he was celebrating and he said his daughters kindergarten graduation. Since the pandemic it seems to me that people are celebrating the small things in life more than  I have noticed in the past.  Have you noticed this also?

My sister-in-law celebrating her birthday.

My good friend celebrating her birthday too.


Family celebrating Thanksgiving.


60 + 1 years reunion from high school celebration.


Grandson's birthday celebration.



Little and big celebrations throughout the year found on my phone.

June seems to be a month of celebrations with weddings and the end of the school year, plus the beginning of summer adventures.

The small things in the everyday and the large things are so worth the celebration!

Do you love celebrating the small or large things in your life?

What do you think of when you think of celebrations?

I love just private celebrations for the changing of the seasons or the blooming of a flower by having a cup of tea. Sometimes it is my own secret celebrations of remembering or noticing something special to only me.

This picture was taken a few years ago in a chocolate shop. They provided a place for those that wanted to sit for awhile and celebrate the day could do so. It was a private celebration for just me alone.

Now that you are thinking of celebrations, what would you celebrate in this very day?

Have a terrific weekend, dear friends!
 

 

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Well, I'm definitely a fan of celebrations, large and small, private or large. It's a wonderful word to choose. These are terrific photos, all of them.