Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Road Trip - Along the River

 Have a said how amazing Autumn has been in my part of the world.
The light and colors has enchanted me.
So off on a road trip my "live-in gardener" and I went this past weekend.
 The McKenzie River area delighted our hearts.
 It just plain made us smile.
 And the secrets out, but we listened to the first of Christmas music for the season.
Bet you didn't think I would say that, but I love Christmas music.
 Can you imagine this with snow on the ground for Christmas?
I can, but I also could see with my own two eyes the beauty of this season.
Wouldn't you love sitting in one of those chairs and sipping something delicious.
 But the stroll was indeed delightful.
 There were even red roses spotted hanging out by the river.
 Now isn't that the best?

 How I loved strolling right here among the trees while listening to the
water rush by.
Then down the road we went, discovering other delights.
This covered bridge always makes me smile and I must stop for a picture or two.
Do you love a road trip?
What season touches your heart?
This one definitely did it for me just a few days ago.


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

It looks amazing, so pretty. I love Christmas music but have avoided the urge so far. I am a great fan of Autumn and the run up to Christmas, the cosiness of the season is a real delight.

Linda d said...

I love a road trip. Be it an afternoon or two days or longer.

Pics make me want to take off and see some fall.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love road trips, Marilyn. There is a lot of golds in the Autumn trees in your area. The picture of the covered bridge is delightful. And the picture of the chairs is so charming. But I love the first picture most. It's so pretty with the Autumn leaves and the river. Road trips are the best, aren't they?

~Sheri

Mary said...

Our road trip north to Virginia and D.C. was great fun however there was very little color in the trees still.
Autumn has been spoiled with the strange weather of the entire year - sadly don't think well get much color at all.