Sunday, October 25, 2020

Tailgating Teatime

Sometimes life just gets away from me.

I was going to post this a few days ago.

 A week ago my church decided to gather in the church parking lot for a picnic.  We hadn't been together since early March, so it was a treat to see people in person.  Now it wasn't like any other picnic we have had. There was no sharing of food. Each family unit brought there own food and set up chairs 6 feet apart. When we weren't eating we had our masks on. But still it was just so special before winter set in to gather one time. For those of you that know me, I decided to set up a little tailgate teatime for my "live-in gardener" and me. My "live-in gardener" added the rose from the church rose garden.

Since it was evening the tea was a herbal tea from Smith Teamaker.

There were three different sandwiches: roast beef with caramelized onion, egg salad, and black chopped olive. Before leaving for the gathering I baked a couple scones and served that with strawberry jam.
The sweets were a ginger spice cookies, herb shortbread cookies, and macarons from Trader Joe's.

Needless to say, we all need to gather with friends even if from a distance and no hugging.
As we drove home this was the sight we enjoyed passing over the bridge back to Portland.
I took it as a harbinger of the beauty to come in the new year.
Yes, I thinking that things have got to get better in 2021,
but in the meantime I will continue to drink tea and make each day special.

Hope your weekend has been a delight, dear friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special evening! :)
Susan

Lorrie said...

What a lovely way to gather together with people you haven't seen in person for a long time. You created a memorable tea time for you and your husband.

Tracy said...

What a WONDERFUL idea... tailgating at church--I LOVE it!! And what a beautiful tea time you had. In these time, we need to think of new ways of gathering, if and how we can. And look at that sky... BLISS! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely idea to have a picnic in the church parking lot. I miss some of the faces I saw at church every week. What a Yummy spread your brought along. Aren't macarons from Trader Joe's good? That orange macaron looks like Fall. What a beautiful sunset.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I think it sounds delightful and as close to normal as any of us get these days! So pretty!