Monday, October 12, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Comfort

 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. - Psalm 23:4

Wikipedia says: Comfort (or being comfortable) is a sense of physical or psychological ease, often characterized as a lack of hardship.

This morning quite early I baked a cake.  Of course I had to sample it while it was warm.

As I sat with my tea and cake I contemplated the word for today, comfort.  I was nibbling on a lemon cake that is one of my all time favorites and had chosen my favorite tea. I felt comforted just sitting in the quiet of the morning with cake and tea. I am still sipping as I write to you, but the piece of cake is just a happy memory. For a few moments I could imagine a world of peace and joy and my heart was comforted.

Have you felt the need these days for comfort?

Maybe a cozy sweater, warm socks, a quilt to curl up in, a particular meal, a good cup of tea?

I struggle these days with the chaos of the world and the pandemic; so sometimes it is cake and tea. Maybe not great for the waistline, but it does quiet my soul for awhile.

A walk in the woods or even in my neighborhood comforts me also.

On Facebook I share a picture from my garden each day just for the comfort and joy it brings to others.

Just the act of going into the garden each morning to snap that pictures brings me comfort and joy also.

Here is the picture this morning from my garden. Doesn't the beauty of a simple rose opening to the world bring a bit of comfort? The raindrops just enhance it's beauty. Go out and savor the day and feel the moments of comfort and joy.



 

5 comments:

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Kek çok güzel gözüküyor:)

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, your post was a comforting post, in which I really needed this afternoon. The rose from your garden in beautiful, and your cake and tea are the perfect comfort food. We all need some comfort right now, especially during this time. Thank you for all the comfort and goodness you exude on your posts every time I visit, Marilyn.

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Tea and homemade cake is a real comfort but sadly the expanding waistline does not agree. I have started to take comfort from my beautiful surroundings instead.

Lorrie said...

Tea, cake, gardens, and raindrops on roses are all lovely, comforting things. I feel like we all need to be kinder these days - kinder to ourselves, first, and then kinder to others. Kindness and comfort go hand in hand.

Jeanie said...

That looks comforting and delicious, too. And so pretty. I'm in sore need of comfort lately, with unnerving hikes in Covid numbers and concern about the election. I think today I'm thinking cozy blanket, meatloaf and tea!