Thursday, October 8, 2020

Taste of Autumn

 With the cooling in the air and the leaves beginning to fall my mind has traveled to Autumn and the tastes of richness in flavors, more spices for sure.

Pumpkins have been delighting me. As I do my occasional visit to the market several have come home. I think that little orange pumpkin will soon be in a pumpkin bread full of spices soon.

There was one more teatime in the garden this week.

The tea was a Bourbon Black tea from Elmwood Inn and the cookies were a new to me recipe from King Arthur Baking website. This ginger spice cookie will definitely be a repeat, it was just the right amount of ginger and chewiness with little bits of crystallized ginger.

Bringing out the French table cloth each Autumn sings to my heart. With past visits to France it sits in my heart with joy. The teacup was brought back from one of those trips also and is quite old. Treasures from travel that I can enjoy for many years makes me smile in remembrance each time I see them.  
 
This week I received the Victoria Magazine book, Our Hearts are in France, and it reminded me once again how I loved traveling to France and how my heart wants to go once more. My little garden teatime was in celebration of those travels in Autumn.
Homemade caramel corn has also appeared in my home recently.
Caramel and spices just say Autumn.


May your days be full of spices and joy.
Happy weekend, dear friends!

7 comments:

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Bal kabağı çok severim:)

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful setting. It was so lovely to share your treasures from your adventures. The season of simple joys colour and spice. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda P said...

I try to change my table setting to match the season. I like the idea of using an orange tablecloth. I shall think about making some seasonal snacks and desserts such as caramel popcorn, ginger cake and fruit pie. I believe that Thanksgiving is happening soon. (I've lost track of the days this week). Wishing you and yours a happy weekend.

Jeanie said...

Your tablecloth is stunning. And perfect for the season. I'd love to be at that table now. I've been pulling out pumpkin bread recipes myself!

Lorrie said...

Your tablecloth and teacup are beautiful reminders of past travels. I, too, like to bring home things that I will use in my home. The cookies sound delicious, and I'm also very fond of caramel corn.

Red Rose Alley said...

Homemade caramel corn - Oh, that sounds so good. I love your little pumpkin. It's the perfect shape and size. Ginger cookies are one of my favorites. Your Autumn table is so charming, Marilyn. I love that old candle with the candle stick. You don't see people lighting those that often any more. Your photos really are wonderful.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Sooo BEAUTIFUL, Marilyn... love your tablescape and vignettes! I'm loving the return of candle glow and twinkle-light sparkle for the darker evenings. And there's been an increase of warm drinks and cozy food... Just love Autumn! Happy Autumn, sweet friend :) ((LOVE & HUGS))