Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas - Find JOY

 As we join together virtually to celebrate Christmas let us rejoice in the positives this year.

I know, sometimes it is hard to look at the Joyfulness, the things that make us smile.

Recently as I have walked in my neighborhood I tried to notice those little things.

This first picture is just around the corner from me and it doesn't matter what time of year

it is, I love walking through the tree tunnel. Right now it has ornaments and that just makes me smile.

Here are other little glimpses of JOY in my neighborhood.



This is more than just a little glimpse. It is two trees along the street that are full of ornaments.
The front of this house just made me smile.
I see this one even when I drive by and it is the one that told me I needed to notice the small JOY's.
Since we can't go to a restaurant I picked up teatime and brought it home a few days ago.
I loved having teatime with the two guys in my house.
I don't think they minded either.
In my office I write words that come tickling to my mind on the chalk board.

 

Though I had no one to, but two guys, share cookies with I just had to make these sugar cookies and decorate them. I hadn't decorated sugar cookies in a long time. It was fun!
As you might notice there are small bouquets of white poinsettias around the house.
I bought a plant at the beginning of December and after it dropped it's leaves I snipped the flowers and put them around the house. I am loving seeing them in almost every room in the house in little touches that delight me. Earlier this month I shared red roses in my bouquets, the poinsettias replaced the roses.

And now it is time to pause and savor the day, it is Christmas time all around the world.
I will rejoice and be glad in the little things each day.
The reason we celebrate is best depicted in this creche in a neighbors yard.
The simple message is still shining bright.

 

Dear Friends, Thanks for coming by so faithfully.
I always love when you leave me a message.
Merry Christmas to you and your families.


3 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Merry Christmas Marilyn! Our neighborhood was extra cheery this year too. Glad you got tamales! We are all in this together. Happy New Year my friend.

Angie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that it brought comfort and joy, which I think is more appreciated this year. Glad I found your blog.

Jeanie said...

It's beautiful, Marilyn. A grand idea about the poinsettia blooms. Mine is still going strong but I will remember that when the time comes.

Sometimes people put ornaments on trees at the ditch. I think it's so lovely to see trees in nature so beautifully decorated.

I hope your holiday was beautiful. I am late to the Merry Christmas greetings (I took a few days off!) but hope you are continuing these in-between days with the same joy and love of this post!