Monday, December 7, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Water

 "Water is the driving force of all nature." ~Leonardo da Vinci

“If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.”        — Loren Eiseley

How I love walking on the beach and listening to the waves crash against the sand. It is one of life's pleasures that most brings me joy.

As I was brushing my teeth this morning I thought how thankful I was for running water. I know that might be something we don't usually think of, but it is those little things that are so big if they aren't there. Some people in the world don't have that luxury and for that we are blessed. 

Then what would I do without water for my tea, both to grow it and then to sip it.

I am thankful daily for water in my life.

How does water bring you joy?


Pictures: Top - Pacific Ocean, Middle - Hazy Columbia River, Bottom - A cup of tea.

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so thankful for water too, Marilyn. It's getting chilly here and I'm thankful for a hot shower each day. Yes, for tea and coffee. Such a special and wonderful word today. Your ocean photo is so pretty. It's been a long time since I visited the sea.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

It does. Especially at the lake in the summer!

Lorrie said...

We once lived in a house where the water supply was intermittent and we had to store it up for those hours in the day when it wasn't available. At the same time, we had minimal electricity. We both agreed that it was easier to live without electricity than without water. I think hot running water (as in a shower) is one of man's greatest inventions.