Monday, December 14, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

 Joy

This time of year JOY particularly comes to mind. 

The dictionary description of Joy is:

joy
/joi/
noun
a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
"tears of joy"
 
 
Reading this morning about grief I came across the thought that in loss we can remember the Joy shared with another and this will bring healing. At this Christmas season I am thinking of the loss of my sister recently and focusing of the shared joy we had at finding each other, then having shared times together.


Joy comes in so many different forms. I find joy in spending time with those dear to me. I find joy in nature, just looking out my window and seeing squirrels scampering about. I find joy in sitting in an airplane seat and taking off on an adventure. I find joy in the little things, like finding daffodils beginning to peak out of the ground in February each year.

Where do you find JOY? 

Pictures are just flowers and nature that have brought joy to me this year.

After all, it is the little things.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

JOY is the perfect word to choose at Christmas, Marilyn. I find joy in the simple things too. The field of pink flowers is so pretty. How dear that you are thinking of your sister who passed and remembering all the joy you shared together. Your blog posts bring me JOY, Marilyn. I really do appreciate each one that I read.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

During this festive season it's natural to think of loved ones who are no longer with us. I'm thankful that you have the memories of times spent with your sister and they provide a sense of joy and healing. I'm also glad that you find joy in nature and the flowers you encounter on your days out or arrange in your home. The photos you share are lovely. Your thoughtful communications are a gift that gives us that sense of joy that we all need in our lives.

mamasmercantile said...

I find joy in my family and in the community that I live, nature and the natural beauty that surrounds me.

Jeanie said...

Joy is one of my favorite words and I try to live my life that way (though sometimes it is hard.) This could be a tough holiday without your sister, Marilyn. Hold her close in your heart.