Monday, October 10, 2022

A Gift for You - A Flower and A Poem

 


Prayer to Fix the Affections

O Ancient One,
your web hangs down from the pines.
I am of the Owl clan.
I have been to water,
my dress is of red clay.
He moves at the edge of you,
binds us with your threads.
The center of his soul shall be my soul’s center.
Our paths shall be white forever.
Where we move the paths from every direction
shall recognize each other.
We are one never to be parted. 

~Gladys Cardiff
Eastern band of Cherokee
 
Posted in honor of Indigenous Day today
 

The flower pictures were taken in the gardens of the Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose, California. I lived in San Jose from the 6th grade through high school and this museum was occasionally a school excursion, which I loved. I hadn't been back since then and decided it was time for a revisit. It wasn't the same, but it was still special. More on another day.
 
Celebrate our differences and our delights!
Diversity is what makes our world most fascinating.
 
 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your diversity comment....how true!
Susan

Linda P said...

An interesting poem. I shall have to think about it to understand the meaning. Diversity is important. I look forward to hearing more regarding your trip.

Lorrie said...

It's good to remember our indigenous peoples. Glad you had a nice time away.

Jeanie said...

What a lovely offering, Marilyn. I didn't even realize it was a holiday. I mean, THE holiday. I just thought I didn't get any mail.

Red Rose Alley said...

I had to look up this day, as I didn't know. Your quote at the end is very special, Marilyn. California is one of the states known for its diversity. I didn't know you lived in San Jose growing up. Many of my mom's family live there, and we used to visit sometimes when I was little. What a nice visit to the gardens you had.

~Sheri