Thursday, October 27, 2022

Whimsy of Florence Avenue

 I was born in Sebastopol, California quite awhile ago. Sebastopol is about 50 miles north of San Francisco. It still feels like my hometown, eventhough we moved from there the summer before I started 6th grade. My grandfather, aunts, uncles, and cousins still lived there; so we would visit often. Florence Avenue always delighted me with it's old houses and gardens. I loved riding my bicycle down this street.

Several years ago when I was visiting I drove down Florence Avenue. It just made me smile to see the creativity in whimsical art in almost every yard.

Some were mailboxes, but others were just there to delight.
Well really even the mailboxes delighted.




I tried to pick a favorite, but it was just about impossible.

I think this waitress juggling so many orders is probably my favorite. I just love her expression and those huge glasses on her nose.


But even this little blue bird with the striped hat made me smile.
I fully intended to post more than my two posts for the week, but as usual time runs away.
I hope they made you smile a bit today.
Go out and find things that make you smile and delight in the day.
If you ever find yourself in Sebastopol travel down Florence Avenue as there are more pieces of art than I am sharing here.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a fun community to visit. So much creativity. It would be hard to choose a favourite.

Linda P said...

There must be a lot of creative people in that neighbourhood in Sebastopol. They're all amusing, but my favourites are the owls, the blue bird and the waitress.

Sandi Magle said...

So much fun, totally in love with the Cake Lady and the owls...they look so aware and are a HOOT....sorry had to...LOL, Sandi

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Yes, the waitress with her orders is so delightful. What a fun and whimsical street. I wonder who started the tradition of all this creative art on all the neighborhood yards. Those Owls are cute too. It's nice to have such fond memories of riding your bicycle down this street when you were a kid. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

You're right -- picking a favorite is impossible. They are all so unique and so well executed. It has to be great fun walking down the street and seeing these. How could anyone help but smile big!