Friday, October 21, 2022

The Next Day

   Another picture heavy post.

Well I was going to post more this week to get caught up, but life happens and here it is Friday.

I think this was my favorite day of the trip because things happened unexpectedly and I loved each and every thing. 

My "live-in gardener" and I definitely planned to have tea this day at Crown and Crumpet. We had tea at Crown and Crumpet quite a few years ago in Ghiardelli Square and I had tea at their tearoom in Japantown -both in San Francisco. But this time we decided to have tea at their tearoom in Ross, California. So driving south on Highway 101, headed to San Francisco, we stopped in Ross. Now we had never been to Ross before and we were enchanted to walk around the small community a bit and enjoy. Then off to a beautiful tea time in the patio of Crown and Crumpet.

You must have guessed by now that when we travel we search out tearooms. This one did not disappoint.

After tea we made our way across the Golden Gate Bridge to find our motel for three nights just to be tourists for awhile in San Francisco. We lived in San Francisco during the height of the "flower children" era and we wanted to do some more reminiscing. Follow along.

You might think showing you the first picture of wildlife would not be in San Francisco; but our first tourist stop was at the Palace of Fine Art. We had visited there many times before, but not realized the little island in the small lake was a nature preserve. We were amazed at all the variety of birds and turtles there were. How many turtles do you see?

 

A gorgeous bird just sitting there for us to be enchanted.
We do love nature.
OK, here is a glimpse of the Palace. I remember my mother telling me when she was a young woman going here for an exhibition. The Pan American Exhibition took place here in the early 1900's.
It's a great place to walk and admire. There were many doing just that.
 
Actually I am surprised I snapped so many pictures without people in them.

After we left the Palace of Fine Arts we still had time to explore. I wanted to drive through the city and see the views from the far western tip. In exploring we came to the Legion of Honor Museum and had to stop I don't know if it was a free day or late in the day they let people in for free, but we hit the jackpot and entered to enjoy for awhile.

In all the time we live in San Francisco we had not gone inside. Ugh! Not sure why, but we were glad we entered this time.

Before we entered the museum, we enjoyed a few views of the bridge we had crossed earlier in the day. I love this bridge.
Just enjoy some pictures I snapped. They have amazing artists represented and we thoroughly enjoyed. There were also a special exhibit of Asian fashion, which I will share another day.






I love sculptures and they had some good ones. The art was amazing, but even the frames on the art was spectacular. Even one of Monet's waterlily's is represented there on the wall.

Definitely a museum worth visiting.
And the location is stunning too.


Now it was time to rest for the night, as we had two more days to explore.
I am not sure I would want to live there again, but it was so special to be able to remember and see new things along the way. Pure delight!
 
Go out and find "Pure delight" this weekend.
The adventure is so worth it.


3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Pure delight, indeed! What a beautiful day. The teashop's teapot and cup are so pretty. Here, autumn seems to have finally arrived and I'm going to enjoy wearing sweaters and socks and sipping lots of hot tea!

Linda P said...

I'm enjoying the blog posts showing where you went on your trip to San Francisco. It gave you the opportunity to return to places dear to your heart. I'm happy for you that you were able to travel and reminisce. There must have been a lot to take in. Enjoy the memories of that special trip.

Jeanie said...

Oh, isn't that the best name for a tea room? I think I've been to the Palace of Fine art -- the building looks familiar and so do some of the exteriors. But it's been forever. It sounds like a fabulous time!