Saturday, January 14, 2023

Tea, Dahling!

Just for fun I wanted to play a bit. After all, what else would you do with a fur coat hanging in the closet. So I donned  "the coat" and my sunglasses and off I went to tea. This year I am celebrating all year long turning 80 years old. And what a fun way to begin.

Doja Tea Lounge opened about a year ago and I hadn't visited yet.

It was delicious and I wished I had visited sooner.

In my cup was a very nice Darjeeling black tea.


This is my "live-in gardener" playing along with me.

Here we have cucumber herbed cream cheese slice, Char Siu Pork Garlic confit in a fillo cup, Green curry kabocha pinwheel, Japanese egg salad sandwich and Black garlic roast beef sandwich.
 
And then there were scones. I asked about the scone because it seemed different. It was a Scottish scone recipe, which was a bit crunchy but oh so good. The marmalade was delicious. There was also an earl grey madeleine and cranberry orange cookie.

And to top tea time off there were sweets. A Meyer lemon bar with elderflower meringue, Kumquat pink peppercorn eclair, and blood orange mango tartlet.
 
It was a special afternoon tea time with my "live-in gardener" and I celebrating the day.
If you ever are in the Portland area I can highly recommend Doja Tea Lounge. 
 
Now even if you are not in the area, pick up a good cup of tea and celebrate the day.
Happy Weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

How special, Marilyn! I thought you looked glamorous on your IG post and didn't realize until after I commented that you were wearing that beautiful fur coat.
Did you know that in your 80th year Butchart Gardens offers a free entry and free afternoon tea for the birthday celebrant and one companion? It can be at any time during the year. I took my mom during her 80th year and we had such a lovely time.

KitKat said...

It makes me very happy that you are celebrating your 80th all year long, Marilyn! What a great idea. Many blessings being sent your way.

Jeanie said...

That's so elegant -- both the tea and you in your furry ensemble! It looks like a delightful afternoon. If I get to 80, I'm celebrating all year, too! That's a magnificent idea!