Monday, January 16, 2023

Word Magic

The word this week is ADVENTURE

One of my favorite quotes: “Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first? ” -James M. Barrie.

I think this is one of my most favorite words for conjuring dreams. 


One of my friends recently asked me what adventure's I have planned for 2023. Where will I travel? I am addicted to travel and adventures, I love them. I started thinking more about that word adventure. I realized life is an adventure. There are small and large memories of adventures taken. Even just to hop in the car and drive to the market, the post office, or the beach nearby can be an adventure. My "live-in gardener" struggled this past year with turning 80 years old; so when I was again asked by this same friend how I felt about turning 80 this year I started thinking about it. My response was it is just another day in my adventure of life. Each step of the way I want to savor and enjoy for what possibilities there are for me.



 Each picture shared was an adventure from the Columbia River, San Francisco Bay, to the Atlantic coast. 

Where will your next adventure be?

Do you love an adventure?

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I do like an adventure. Not too weird an adventure but an adventure. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Lorrie said...

I love adventures, too, and hope for many more of them, near or far. An adventuring spirit can find it anywhere, like you do!

Thelma said...

I love adventure to a place I've never been. Hope this year will bring me on a few new adventures. Nice word.