Friday, January 6, 2023

Things I Want to Be

Joey saying hello. He is often just being (napping more like it) in this basket in my office/studio. He is tucked away in this cozy basket near the heat vent. He is also always vigilant to make sure if I go to the kitchen there is food in his dish.
 

When I began 2022 I wrote this list and still it remains true:

 Be Happy

Be Healthy

Be Kind

Be Full of Laughter and JOY

Be Loving

Be a friend to others

Be Present

My gardenhouse is waiting for warmer days to sit over a cup of tea with a friend once more. Tea with friends on zoom is very special, but there is nothing like sitting face to face for an in depth conversation. Brrrrrrrr! Doesn't it look cold? Beginning to look for growth in the garden. Sometimes I dig under the leaves and say are you there yet? Is spring far behind?

The picture below is sharing tea with friends on zoom. I set up a little table and pour 4 cups of tea sending prayers out to each one in the world for peace and joy. I gaze out the window and watch the squirrels dance about. The candlelight dances for me.

Sharing with you a few snippets of my world right now.

May you be blessed with the little things that bring JOY into our lives. Happy weekend, dear friends!!!

 

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, it is so good to see Joey! What a handsome boy he is, and he's looking good! Love that he has his basket bed and loves it. Lizzie just sleeps around. SO cute. I love your goals and what you did with them. And yes, I think we all look forward to warmer weather, new growth and tea with a friend -- outside!

Rosemary said...

Happy weekend, Marilyn! Love your special tea times, and your thoughts of ways to just 'be'. We all need the peace and comfort that tea provides as we find our joy.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice table you have set for zoom with friends. Sometimes when me and the girls zoom, we have themes, which is delightful. Your cat looks so comfy and cozy in the basket. What a sweet photo that is. I love that garden house of yours. Spring will be here soon enough, and the flowers will bloom. But for now, I am enjoying the cold Winter days, with warm coffee or tea, reading my favorite blogs. ; )

~Sheri

Linda P said...

Your list of values you want to focus on this new year will touch everyone you encounter. Seeing Joey reminds me of daughter D's sweet pet and the description of your tea time is charming. I too wander around our garden and see signs of new growth. I move the rain-soaked leaves and find the bulbs pushing up through the earth.

Heloisa de Mesquita Inoue said...

Feliz ano novo!