Thursday, December 21, 2023

Be Blessed

 


I said, “Be Blessed this Christmas season”

But, dear God, I hurt

I am weary

I am overwhelmed

People are suffering

Devastation by hatred reigns

Angry words are said

Natural disasters, deceits and lies abound

Be blessed, I say

How can that be?

How can we heal the world?

Where is kindness and love when needed?

How do we find faith, hope and love?

God of all around the world

Teach us to be humble, to love each other.

Wrap kindness around each word.

Visualize a world that is healing.

For blessed are the peacemakers.

Be blessed!

The first candle was lite for welcoming in the light of solstice.

Be blessed!!!


 The second picture has been posted before, but I really feel like we need to light candles and pray for peace each and every day.

The poem was written in response to my Christmas card this year. For some reason I said Be blessed. I am not sure why I said it and as I thought of those words, the words I sent out to friends, the poem came to me.

Be blessed throughout the season of Christmas and into the New Year.

Sending love,

Marilyn

7 comments:

Terra said...

Your poem is beautiful and I say, be blessed, to you too. We are called to be the light and your candles remind me of that.

Anonymous said...

So very well said....powerful words!
Susan

Lorrie said...

I can sense the heartfelt emotion in your poem, Marilyn. Truly, we need the Light of the world. And we must be light to the world. Merry Christmas!

Red Rose Alley said...

This is beautiful, Marilyn. And your blog reflects all the goodness that you share every day, so thank you. I love that first photo.

Merry Christmas, dear Marilyn.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

The poem is absolutely beautiful and so spot on. I trust that you have been surrounded by blessings, my friend. They are well deserved.

Mary said...

This was so lovely dear Marilyn.

Rosemary said...

Your poem is beautiful. May we all be blessed, and never stop praying for peace.