Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas Season

 

 

There was a little baking and plenty of tea.

On the plate are mince pies, date pinwheels, spicy pecans and ginger cookies.

Special teatimes with dear friends.

An adventure to downtown Portland on a winter evening for a little night music to celebrate the season at the Old Church concert hall.


It's a tradition my "live-in gardener" and I have done for about 27 years.


The gingerbread house, another tradition, was made.



The Night Before Christmas was read at church.

 
 More tea was imbibed at a local hotel.



A parade of Christmas decorated boats was viewed from the warmth of a friends condo.


And special gifts were unwrapped.
Each year my "live-in gardener" carves a Santa for our D.
This one represents Ukraine and quite special.
D also received this cozy hooded blanket, which he is living in now.
I hear he even wore it outdoors on his scooter.


Hoping you had family and a little night music to celebrate the season. Merry Christmas!
 
Sending love, Marilyn

5 comments:

Linda P said...

Lovely photos. It looks as if you had a wonderful family Christmas.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, the Santa is so special that your husband carved. And I love your grandson's soft and furry jacket. The gingerbread house is wonderful, and so fun to visit downtown Portland for the evening. I loved seeing your Christmas, Marilyn, and I wish you a Happy New Year. I hope the new year brings you lots of goodness. I will also post a little of our Christmas on Monday, but I'm visiting with family, so I'll see you when I return. All the photos on here are so heartwarming. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

What an exquisite Christmas, Marilyn, full of things and people you love. That Santa is beyond fabulous. Hats off to Live In Gardener! A real treasure. Your baking looks divine and delicious and I love your traditions of the holiday celebration. Tea and being near the water with special friends, your D and making that ginger house -- all so personal, so you and so beautiful. As we go onward to the new year, I'm sure this is definitely a Christmas to remember.

Lorrie said...

A lovely summary of your Christmas delights. The baking looks wonderful, and I love your grandson's smile peeking out from the cozy hood.

Rosemary said...

Love all the family traditions! Those mince pies look delicious, the gingerbread house is adorable, and the carved Santa is delightful! It looks like your holidays were merry and bright!