Friday, December 15, 2023

My Home this Christmas Season

 

The Christmas sights in my home today.

My silver tiny tree holds tiny ornaments that I have collected over the years.

There has been two tea times this month. One at the dining room table and another by the fire.

I still bake a few cookies, but have added a couple new ideas for gluten free friends. The almond butter/rice krispie treat is dipped in chocolate. Perfect for a tea celebration.

The teatime by the fire had gluten free treats and a cheese board.


O Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!O Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!Your branches green in summer's glowAnd evergreen in winter's snowO Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!
O Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!O Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!Your branches green in summer's glowAnd evergreen in winter's snowO Christmas tree O Christmas tree you stand in splendid beauty!
 
Whenever I share my Christmas decorations this song comes to mind.
 
Packages have been wrapped.
The quilt is about 100 years old and handed to us by my mother-in-law.
It is too delicate to use, but I love seeing it at Christmas time.

My "live-in gardener" loves the Santa collection above the book shelf.
 
Just a little forest scene for my office.
And a tea tray for the bedroom. The card was sent to me many years ago by my piano teacher. I love that Santa is playing the piano.
There just needed to be a bit of real greenery in the house.
The dining room cupboard with my little silver tree and white characters being warmed by candles. If you peak in the cabinet you will see my Asian teaware.
A little nook by the front door holds a small creche.
Now why did I put the bear angel in a glass cloche?
I am not really sure, but I wanted to capture a little light and greens.
The Thanksgiving cactus is still blooming and the paper whites soon will have buds.
The picture is Santa taking a break on the chimney top with a cup of tea. The artwork was a gift a few years ago and done by my son.
The mantle holds the little Christmas village. The little garland of mittens was made by my daughter for me a few years ago. She used the yarn I had spun to knit them.
I love the festive spirit of the season.
It makes me smile to walk through the house and see little vignettes of the holiday.

Are you enjoying the small touches of Christmas around your home?
I hope it makes you smile.
Sending love today and everyday.
Marilyn

6 comments:

Linda P said...

Thank you for sharing your seasonal decorations. Your home looks festive and cozy by the fire. It's thoughtful to find gluten free recipes so that everyone can enjoy your tasty treats.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Marilyn, I love it all. Everything looks so nice, I don't know where to begin. Well, I'll start with the artwork of Santa your son made for you, what a treasure that is, along with the knitted mittens your daughter made. I love the design on the cream colored frame next to the red cardinal, so pretty. Your silver tree that holds all your special little ornaments is delightful. My mom had a silver tree a few times in her lifetime, and I'll always remember them, cause they were so different than the real ones we had. Your Christmas tea cup is lovely, and love the tray it's on. And the quilts that belonged to your mother-in-law is a treasure for sure. Your Christmas tree with the colored lights just made me smile. Yes, I'm enjoying the small touches around my home too. It's the merriest time of year. : )

~Sheri

Mary said...

Wow, you are so organized dear Marilyn. Everything looks so beautiful.
If I could get rid of this darned bug - 3rd week now - perhaps I could do more about Christmas, I'm just so exhausted from coughing and am running a temp every day by evening. It's not COVID but might as well be!!!!
Happy 'running up to Christmas' days.
Mary x

Lorrie said...

Your Christmas touches are lovely, Marilyn. The quilt from your MIL is perfect to bring out at this season. Ornaments that hold meaning are the best - we pull them out each year and relive the memories.

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, it's gorgeous. I love both your trees -- they are magical and filled with joy. And all your vignettes are simply charming, loaded with personality and delight. Your teas sound wonderful and I love the quilt. I find Christmas is such a personal time of year and you can tell those who have a rich personal life by how they decorate their home. Yours is rich indeed.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful holiday vignettes. Your Christmas touches are simply elegant. Merry Christmas to you and your live-in gardener.