Monday, December 4, 2023

Word Magic

 The word this week is SPARKLE

definition:shine brightly with flashes of light.

Actually, I could not decide between sparkle or shine, then I read the definition and they really go together. So for today it is sparkle and shine. In a way that is what I think of Christmas decorations. I absolutely love the sparkle and shine. From the tinsel on the trees to the bright shining faces of delight on a child's face.

This year I needed more of the sparkle and shine; so I added this little silver tree to my decorations. It works quite well for my sparkly stars and small ornaments. I quite think I might leave it up through the winter just to make me smile.

 

Add more tinsel, more sparkle to the mix!


These baubles always make me happy to see at the antique mall.

I have a few on my little IKEA tree, but I do leave some of them out all year long. Why not enjoy the sparkle and shine all year long?


 

And crystals too. This is at the antique mall, but there are a few around my house too.

Have you figured it out yet? I love sparkle and shine.


 

And then just seeing the sunlight streak through my picture and the reflection on the water, again I smile.
And finally as the sun goes down, the water just sparkles and shines.

Is it just for me that it shines? No, it is for you too.


 

So each and everyday, just notice and enjoy those things around you that sparkle and shine.

Happy new week, dear friends,

Marilyn
 

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Two of my favorite words, Marilyn, as you can have the house sparkle with Christmas decorations and WE ourselves can shine with joy and love. When you mentioned tinsel, I smiled, as you don't see it that much anymore. I remember my mom's tree - it always had lots of tinsel and red ornaments. Those baubles are so pretty. I wouldn't mind one of those in my home all year long. That last photo is so lovely.

Merry Christmas season to you, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

Your home is full of festive cheer. You found lots of pretty scenes to illustrate "sparkle and shine". Thank you Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

Sparkle and shine are essential holiday operating ingredients and you have mastered it. I love your little silver tree. I saw one at Target the other day and was thinking about it (like I need another tree like a hole in the head).Those hanging baubles are exquisite. But I bet the best sparkle is from you!